This year’s program covers key elements of estate planning and administration, including nontaxable trust administration, planning for a family member with special needs, and bonding basics for probate matters. Whether you are new to estate planning or need to review the latest legislative updates, this basic-level seminar covers topics essential to your practice. Learn about Oregon’s elective share for surviving spouses. Explore community property and ethics issues. Conclude with a panel discussion on hot topics in estate planning and administration.
Cosponsored by the Estate Planning and Administration Section.
• Professor Karen Boxx, University of Washington, Seattle
• Justin Curtiss, Landerholm PS, Vancouver, Washington
• Nicole Erickson, Wyse Kadish LLP, Portland
• Randall Grove, Landerholm PS, Vancouver, Washington
• Emily Hogan, Fitzwater Meyer Hollis & Marmion LLP, Portland
• Philip Janney, Landerholm PS, Vancouver, Washington
• Philip Jones, Duffy Kekel LLP, Portland
• Jan Kitchel, Cable Huston LLP, Portland
• Ian Richardson, Gleaves Swearingen LLP, Eugene
• Robin Smith, Butcher & Smith Law LLC, Portland
• Jennifer Tuomi, JD Fulwiler & Co. Insurance, Portland
• Margaret Vining, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, Portland
• Katharine West, Wyse Kadish LLP, Portland
• Eric Wieland, Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP, Portland
• June Wiyrick Flores, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Portland
5.75 Oregon Practice and Procedure credits and 1 Ethics (Oregon specific) credit
ID 44760, 11/17/2017
Complete by 11/17/2020 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.