This year’s program covers topics on the life of the business deal. Learn about vital recent developments and trends affecting your business clients. Address preliminary deal matters, including nondisclosure agreements, letters of intent, and preliminary due diligence. Four breakout topics focus on document drafting best practices for drafting buy-sell provisions in operating agreements, common M&A drafting mistakes, allocation and tax issues for operating agreements, and updates and trends in M&A. Practice effective negotiation techniques. Find out how to avoid post-closing disputes. Explore common risk management and ethical issues affecting business lawyers.
Cosponsored by the Business Law Section.
• Michael Allen, Richards Layton & Finger PA, Wilmington, Delaware
• The Honorable David Brewer, Eugene
• Donald Churnside, Gaydos Churnside & Balthrop PC, Eugene
• Holli Houston, Professional Liability Fund (PLF), Tigard
• Heather Kmetz, Sussman Shank LLP, Portland
• Kenneth Landis, Attorneys’ Liability Assurance Society Inc. (ALAS), Chicago
• Matthew Larson, Hathaway Larson LLP, Portland
• Mark LeRoux, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Amanda Loupin-Bartlett, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC, Portland
• Marco Materazzi, Emerge Law Group, Portland
• Erich Merrill, Jr., Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Portland
• Kara Tatman, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Roy Tucker, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Meghan Williams, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Vancouver, Washington
7.5 General CLE credits and 1 Ethics (Oregon specific) credit
ID 64533, 11/03/2017
Complete by 11/03/2020 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.