The 35th Annual Northwest Bankruptcy Institute opens with an economic outlook that focuses on bankruptcy filings. Other sessions include examining third-party releases and the “Texas Two-Step,” evidentiary issues, legal ethics, and how the forfeiture process intersects with bankruptcy.
Cosponsored by the WSBA Creditor Debtor Rights Section and the OSB Debtor-Creditor Section.
• Professor Andrea Coles-Bjerre, University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene
• Deborah Crabbe, Foster Garvey, Seattle
• Katie de Villiers, Asset Recovery & Money Laundering Division, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Portland
• Catherine Devlin, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Oregon, Portland
• Susan Ford, Sussman Shank LLP, Portland
• Stephen Gindling, Todd Trierweiler & Associates, Portland
• Oren Haker, Stoel Rives LLP, Portland
• Holly Hayman, Farleigh Wada Witt, Portland
• Christina Henry, Henry & DeGraaff PS, Seattle
• The Honorable David Hercher, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Oregon, Portland
• The Honorable Whitman Holt, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington, Yakima
• Francis Lawall, Troutman Pepper, Philadelphia
• Professor Laurie Levenson, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
• The Honorable Brian Lynch, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington, Tacoma
• Cynthia Nelson, FTI Consulting, Los Angeles
• The Honorable Teresa Pearson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Oregon, Portland
• Gerald Pederson, Todd Trierweiler & Associates, Portland
• Michael Rogers, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington, Tacoma
• William Rule, Judicial Services Office, Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, Washington, D.C.
• Professor Aaron Simowitz, Willamette University College of Law, Salem
• Binah Yeung, Cairncross & Hempelmann PS, Seattle
Includes access to two products.
• Day 1: 6 General CLE credits and 1 Ethics credit
ID 90281 (part of 88461), 05/12/2022
• Day 2: 2.75 General CLE credits
ID 90282 (part of 88461), 05/13/2022
Complete by 05/12/2025 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.