Taxes affect everyone—but not everyone knows tax law. Tailored for attorneys without a tax background, this program provides a wealth of information to help spot common tax issues before they become tax problems. A federal tax update highlights Biden administration tax proposals and tax issues coming out of the pandemic. Learn what every lawyer needs to know about state and local tax. Receive property tax tips, and gain an understanding of the tax aspects of operating agreements. Find out about the pitfalls of employment taxes and explore IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue collections alternatives. Explore IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue collection alternatives, tax considerations during the sale of a business, and the tax consequences of remote work in the COVID-19 era and beyond.
Cosponsored by the Taxation Section.
• Dan Eller, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC, Portland
• Nikki Dobay, Eversheds Sutherland, Sacramento
• Peter Evalds, Foster Garvey PC, Portland
• Cynthia Fraser, Foster Garvey PC, Portland
• Sarah Lora, Lewis & Clark Low Income Tax Clinic, Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland
• Eric Robertson, Miller Nash LLP, Portland
• Kate Roth, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Alee Soleimanpour, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC, Portland
• Michael Such, Jr., Stoel Rives LLP, Portland
5.25 General CLE credits
ID 81976, 10/20/2021
Complete by 10/20/2024 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.