Gain practical business law updates to strengthen your practice. Learn how to identify, address, and resolve intellectual property issues during a company’s life cycle to avoid problems that might arise during the sale of the company. Get an inside view on how to build a foundation for a culture of compliance. Obtain tips for clear and effective contract drafting. Select from two breakout topics focused on representation and warranty insurance for your M&A transactions and using technology in your law practice. Hear from a tax professional what business lawyers need to know about fixing past tax errors, and explore ethical issues facing business lawyers.
Cosponsored by the Business Law Section.
• Bradley Copeland, Arnold Gallagher PC, Eugene
• Christopher Erickson, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Professor Elizabeth Frost, University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene
• Mark Fucile, Fucile & Reising LLP, Portland
• Gwendolyn Griffith, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Peter Johnson, Aon, Portland
• Lindsey Kantawee, VP and General Counsel, A-dec, Inc., Newberg
• David Ludwig, Farleigh Wada Witt, Portland
• Gwyneth McAlpine, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Ann McQuesten, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Gaurav Sud, Aon Transaction Solutions, San Francisco
• Kara Tatman, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Meredith Weisshaar, VP, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, nLIGHT, Inc., Vancouver
• Molly Wilcox, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• Jeffrey Woodcox, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
6.25 General CLE credits and 1 Ethics (Oregon specific) credit
ID 59231, 11/08/2019
Complete by 11/08/2022 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.