Whether you are new to trial practice or simply need a refresher on basic trial skills, this seminar features some of Oregon’s most experienced practitioners and judges. From the art of drafting complaints and answers to the anatomy of a trial, attorneys and judges share their expertise. Get tips for taking and defending depositions. Review the discovery basics, including discovery requests, subpoenas, and other general discovery provisions. Learn what a closing argument should include. Gain valuable insight on best and worst practices for documenting settlement agreements. In addition, a circuit court judge shares best practices for courtroom conduct, while a panel of judges discusses how to protect your appeal.
Cosponsored by the Litigation Section.
• Courtney Angeli, Buchanan Angeli Altschul Sullivan LLP, Portland
• John Bachofner, Jordan Ramis PC, Vancouver
• The Honorable Channing Bennett, Marion County Circuit Court, Salem
• David Eder, Thuemmel Uhle and Eder, Portland
• Stanton Gallegos, Markowitz Herbold PC, Portland
• Steve Larson, Stoll Berne PC, Portland
• Gretchen Mandekor, Rosenbaum Law Group PC, Portland
• Nathan Morales, Perkins Coie LLP, Portland
• The Honorable Lynn Nakamoto, Oregon Supreme Court, Salem
• The Honorable Adrienne Nelson, Oregon Supreme Court, Salem
• Dennis Rawlinson, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Portland
• Adam Starr, Markowitz Herbold PC, Portland
• Kimberly Anne Stuart, Washington County Counsel, Hillsboro
• Joel Sturm, Thuemmel Uhle and Eder, Portland
9 Oregon Practice and Procedure credits
ID 57679, 09/26/2019
Complete by 09/26/2022 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.