Taxes affect everyone—but not everyone knows tax law. Tailored for attorneys without a tax background, this program provides a wealth of information to help spot common tax issues before they become tax problems. A federal and state tax update will highlight recent legislative updates, lessons learned from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, and City of Portland tax law changes. Learn about state and local taxation after the U.S. Supreme Court decision in Wayfair. Gain an understanding of tax considerations for choice of business entity. Find out about the pitfalls of employment taxes and explore IRS and Oregon Department of Revenue collections alternatives. A special lunch presentation will highlight cost-effective ways to do tax research and cost-saving alternatives.
Cosponsored by the Taxation Section.
• David Brandon, Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Portland
• Nikki Dobay, Council on State Taxation, Portland
• Dan Eller, Schwabe Williamson & Wyatt PC, Portland
• Berit Everhart, Arnold Gallagher PC, Eugene
• Rebecca Flanagan, Flanagan Legal Services LLC, Portland
• Andrew Ginis, Myatt & Bell PC, Portland
• Gwendolyn Griffith, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Sarah Lora, Director, Low Income Tax Clinic, Lewis & Clark Law School, Portland
• Jessica McConnell, Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP, Portland
• Caitlin Wong, CW Law, Portland
7 General CLE credits
ID 57443, 10/03/2019
Complete by 10/03/2022 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.