Bankruptcy law can be intimidating for the nonbankruptcy lawyer. Gain a basic understanding of the bankruptcy process geared toward business, probate, real estate, and tax attorneys. Delve into general bankruptcy law and explore bankruptcy concerns for the commercial real estate lawyer. Learn about navigating tax matters in bankruptcy court, death and bankruptcy, and the intersection of bankruptcy and business law.
Cosponsored by the Debtor-Creditor Section and the Federal Bar Association.
• Michael Fletcher, Tonkon Torp LLP, Portland
• Nicholas Henderson, Motschenbacher & Blattner LLP, Portland
• Justin Leonard, Leonard Law Group, Portland
• Julia Manela, Watkinson Laird Rubenstein PC, Eugene
• Jessica McConnell, Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP, Portland
• Victor Roehm, Sussman Shank LLP, Portland
• Valerie Sasaki, Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP, Portland
• Joshua Simko, Nike Inc., Beaverton
• Thomas Stilley, Sussman Shank LLP, Portland
3.25 Practical Skills credits
ID 53108, 12/07/2018
Complete by 12/07/2021 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.