Experienced estate planning lawyers will find a wealth of topics relevant to their clients. Delve into tax issues for individuals arising from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including the changes with the greatest impact on individuals, the effects on taxpayers’ 2018 income tax liability, and limitations on state and local deductions. Gain an understanding of planning opportunities and issues to be addressed in forthcoming guidance related to the deduction for qualified business income. Learn how to administer trusts and estates to minimize income taxes and time distributions to reduce income tax consequences. An hour of legal ethics covers conflicts facing trusts and estate lawyers.
Cosponsored by the Estate Planning and Administration Section.
• Brent Berselli, Holland & Knight LLP, Portland
• Christopher Cline, Riverview Trust Company, Vancouver, Washington
• Professor Samuel Donaldson, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia
• David Elkanich, Holland & Knight LLP, Portland
• Eric Hormel, Perkins & Co., Portland
• Philip Jones, Duffy Kekel LLP, Portland
• Dennis Maurer, Oregon Department of Revenue, Salem
• Samantha Pahlow, Riverview Trust Company, Lake Oswego
• Kim Spaulding, Perkins & Co., Portland
• Zach Wenger, Oregon Department of Revenue, Salem
5.75 General CLE credits and 1 Ethics (Oregon specific) credit
ID 49644, 06/22/2018
Complete by 06/22/2021 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.