Receive an overview of Social Security disability including best practices, valuable tips on cross-examinations, and preparing for medical expert testimony. Learn how to ethically and effectively represent clients with diminished capacity. Examine federal court appellate brief writing, including tailoring the structure of your brief and writing reply briefs. A roundtable discussion delves into common roadblocks to obtaining Social Security benefits and how to overcome them.
Cosponsored by the Disability Law Section.
• Tiffany Hendrix Blackmon, Cascadia Disability Law LLC, Portland
• Jeremy Bordelon, Evergreen Disability Law, Portland
• Lindsey Craven, Schneider Kerr & Robichaux, Portland
• Terisa Page Gault, Harris Law Firm PC, Hillsboro
• Andy Gilles, Choices for a Better Future, Keizer
• Kevin Kerr, Schneider Kerr & Robichaux, Portland
• Scott Stipe, Career Directions Northwest, Portland
4 Access to Justice credits and 1 Ethics credit
ID 49101, 06/01/2018
Complete by 06/01/2021 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.