This year’s program explores a variety of fundamental issues for real estate and land use practitioners. Learn about the basics of closing and escrow as well as options, rights of first refusal, and rights of first opportunities. Explore jurisdictional issues in land use appeals including statutorily defined land use decisions and procedural issues and post hoc actions that may moot appeal. Hone your persuasion skills for use with local decision makers, and find out how to negotiate leases for brokers from both the landlord’s and the tenant’s perspective by addressing construction issues, assignments and subleases, and defaults.
Cosponsored by the Real Estate & Land Use Section.
• Laurie Craghead, Attorney at Law, Bend
• Anne Davies, Lane Council of Governments, Eugene
• Scott Hilgenberg, Crag Law Center, Portland
• Wendie Kellington, Kellington Law Group PC, Lake Oswego
• Evan Lenneberg, Brix Law LLP, Portland
• Peter Livingston, Beaverton City Attorney’s Office, Beaverton
• Marisol McAllister, Farleigh Wada Witt, Portland
• Bradley Miller, Brix Law LLP, Portland
• Jeffrey Tarr, Sussman Shank LLP, Portland
5.75 Practical Skills credits
ID 48289, 04/27/2018
Complete by 04/27/2021 for Oregon credit
Download course materials (PDF)
Download MCLE recordkeeping form (PDF)
Please note that it may take up to 30 days after you complete an online seminar for it to appear on your online MCLE Compliance Report at www.osbar.org.